About the Instructor,
By Andy Couturier:
Open the Mind
Powerful writing comes naturally when the mind is energized
& experimental; when it can take risks and follow the
unexpected wherever it leads.
Certificate Course 2014
* How to create a nourishing group culture
* Dozens of useable & effective writing exercises
* How to teach improvisation, organization and revision
* A strong theory base from which to ground your teaching
* How to build your practice to create independent income
100-hour course: one weekend a month:
Santa Cruz, CA
pdf brochure here
Pico Iyer says about Andy Couturier's writing: "It's been years since such a fresh and liberating voice has emerged..."
Also by Andy Couturier:
A Different Kind
Gary Snyder says: "Andy Couturier has written some very articulate pieces on the Japanese counter-culture."
Read excerpts on the book's blog
Beautifully illustrated literary profiles of people living extraordinary, simple, sustainable lives in rural Japan.
ABOUT THE BOOK: Raised in the tumult of Japan's industrial powerhouse, the eleven men and women profiled in this book have all made the transition to sustainable fulfilling lives. Read more...